Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hi! Welcome to my blog!! :)

Hi guys...... Welcome!!
Soooooo this is my new blog!! As you can see its called "Stiffer Upper Lip"!! The correct term is actually "Stiff Upper Lip", a British saying which basically means displaying fortitude in the face of adversity or exercising self restraint in the expression of one's emotions.
Keeping a stiff upper lip is pretty hard to do and that's just the idea behind it. When someone gets upset, his lips usually tremble. Keeping a stiff upper lip is supposed to hide your emotions. This expression dates back to the 1800s, but is still used today.


Okay so enough of that i just wanted to give a brief explanation of what it is. 
I'm pretty sure that based on the title you will be expecting some of my posts to be about facing life's misfortunes bravely and resolutely. And you're right!!!! Some of them will be HOWEVER If you know me ...... you should expect the unexpected!!  


Those of you who know me personally will agree that I can be a very unique person!! I like to think of myself as interesting but I'm sure most of you will prefer to use words like random, quirky, strange, hippie, gypsy, controversial, etc.....

You'll like my blog if you like
Randomness
Sarcasm
Gossip
Fashion
Food
Love
Art         (especially Abstract)
Music
Bullshit 
LIFE in general!!!!! & Whatever else becomes of interest to me!!! 




THANKS FOR STOPPING BY! AND PLEASE COME AGAIN!!!


                                                            Stiff Upper Lip xxx

5 comments:

  1. Yea, looking forward in reading :) "you know I'm big on that". Like the picture at the end but you think I'm crazy - dwl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL i wouldn't exactly call you crazy BUTttt.... we all need a little fixing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really looking forward to this!!

    ReplyDelete